Followers

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday noon.

Just finished all my weekly laundry and lawn mowing. Mr. Kitty (aka the Persian Yeti), as always, is unimpressed. Been working on a project. I used to march in DCI. (Drum Corps International). One of my favorite corps is Carolina Crown. They did a piece a couple years back called the Puck. I've recently finished transcribing the music. The plan is to multi-track record myself playing all the parts. A little self-indulgent maybe, but,hey, it's music and it fills the hours.

Here is the original vid of the show :
Here is my transcription (in midi form) with the video:

Hope to have this done in a few weeks. Ironing out the kinks in my recording equipment.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds sweet, can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog!
    the video is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea - how many instruments do you know how to play? Can you play all sections?? I think we've got a prodigy on our hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm primarily a French Horn player (hence, the blog name). I'll probably do the whole thing on Horn, as it has the largest range, and the sounds will blend together better. Also, intonation will be superior. Looking forward to pulling off the double F at the end (transcribes neatly to C on the F horn and is a very comfortable note for me.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you played in any marching bands?

    ReplyDelete